Welcome to Junior Class 2's Learning Page!
We believe in working hard as a team and helping each other to make each day a success.
The new school year is upon us and we have lots of exciting learning in store. This year, our English learning in school each half term will be centred around one key text. The texts chosen are challenging yet age-appropriate but will expose the children to a wide range of text types, develop their vocabulary, comprehension and hopefully their enjoyment of reading. Our chosen texts for this academic year are:
- Holes by Louis Sachar
- The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- Kensuke's Kingdom by Michael Morpurgo
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen
- Diggers by Terry Pratchett
Further details of the rest our curriculum topics for this academic year are available on the curriculum plan. To see specific content being taught in maths and English, please look at the appropriate planning attached below.
Please remember to keep checking in on our class page, read about all the excellent learning going on in class and look at our photos!
Things To Remember:
- P.E will normally be on Wednesdays. Some children will go swimming on Fridays and the children remaining in school will also participate in further P.E learning so P.E kits will need to be in school on Monday and taken home on Friday.
- Please take a look at the school homework policy for guidance on what we have agreed with children and parents. Homework topics are chosen by the children each half term so information will be sent home as appropriate. Reading continues to be a focus area in class. The children need to read challenging, age-appropriate texts at least 5 times per week with fluency for at least 20 minutes per night to develop fluency and stamina. Throughout the year, this will be monitored in homework books. In the documents section below, you will find some possible ideas for appropriate reading books and also some videos to demonstrate what fluent reading of an appropriate text looks like in Junior Class 2. If you have any queries, please feel free to speak with me.